Minimum age: 22 years old. Applicants must be nationals of or legal residents in the country of assignment.
Description of task
Under the direct supervision of UNFPA Eastern Europe and Central Asia Regional Office (EECARO) Humanitarian Response Specialist and Youth Specialist, the UN Volunteer will undertake the following tasks:
Covid19 Youth Specialist
- Emergency Preparedness and Response:
- Knowledge management: Review, systematise and make available expertise on youth response and recovery to Covid19 from UNFPA regional and country-level perspectives documenting best practices across the EECA region
- Advise on UNFPA engagement in rapid/initial and recovery assessments that ensure visibility for UNFPA core target groups, including young people, young key populations and other vulnerable groups .
- Support knowledge management, knowledge sharing and advocacy in relation to young people and Covid19
- Support regional capacity building initiatives on emergency preparedness, response, and recovery especially related to Covid19
- Support conceptualisation of UNFPA’s role in the different phases of response and recovery to the COVID19 response.
- Support the regular monitoring and reporting on the implementation of the COVID19 response -related activities by UNFPA.
- Preparation of youth input to bi-weekly regional COVID19 sitreps and preparation of documents/briefing notes for EECARO management for HQ and interagency meetings.
- Support integration of humanitarian preparedness, response and recovery in the areas of youth, gender SRH and HIV with a focus on the Compact for Young People in Humanitarian Settings, Boys on the Move and GBV in Emergencies.
- Support resource mobilisation at regional and country office level
- Make sure that all documents, policies and projects include strong references to the most vulnerable, especially women and girls, people living with disabilities, young key populations, including those living with HIV,, older persons, etc, and that their needs are well taken care of at every stage of the humanitarian programme cycle (needs assessment, response, recovery, monitoring and evaluations)
- Support the strategy to scale up the Boys on the Move initiative:
- Support interagency collaboration efforts at the regional level (support meetings with other agencies, development of communications materials, etc).
- Support partnership with UNICEF in Italy on adolescent sexual and reproductive health in the migration context. In collaboration with other colleagues and consultants, coordinate work plan and track development of deliverables, organize regular project monitoring calls and reporting efforts.
- Research and help identify potential resource mobilization opportunities for Boys on the Move across the region
- Support the roll out of the programme guidelines for the Compact for Young People in Humanitarian Action.
- Identify Country Offices to pilot the Compact guidelines.
- Support planning and coordination of meetings and workshops on the guidelines.
- Participate in regular calls of the Compact.
- Assist UNFPA country offices in the devising responses to COVID19, with a particular attention to young people and Leave No One Behind (LNOB).
- Follow up with COs on implementation of COVID19 responses.
- Support collecting and sharing lesson learnt from the COVID19 response, including on distance working modalities and regional office support to country offices.
- Undertake any other related duties as required by supervisors.
Qualifications/Requirements Required degree level: Master degree or equivalent Education – Additional Comments:
Education; Development, humanitarian, peace and security, youth
Required experience: 36 Months Experience remark:
- Experience in peacebuilding, conflict prevention, social cohesion.
- Experience in youth participation, youth mobilization, social work, community and outreach work, including with marginalised or vulnerable young people
- Experience in programme/project management
- Experience in Knowledge management
- Experience in socio-economic recovery and/or needs assessment.
- Self-starter, initiative, leadership
- Familiarity with distance working tools, including zoom, google meet
- Good language skills
- English(Mandatory), Level – Fluent
- Russian(Optional), Level – Working Knowledge
Area of expertise: Gender equality and the advancement of women, Social inclusion, Emergency response, immediate relief operations, and post-conflict humanitarian aid operations Area of expertise details:
- Experience in any of the following is required: humanitarian, emergency preparedness and response, with a focus on women and girls, young people, sexual and reproductive health, gender based violence.
- Experience in assessment experience is required.
Driving license: No Competencies values:
Accountability, Adaptability and Flexibility, Building Trust, Client Orientation, Commitment and Motivation, Commitment to Continuous Learning, Communication, Creativity, Empowering Others, Ethics and Values, Integrity, Judgement and Decision-making, Knowledge Sharing, Leadership, Managing Performance, Planning and Organizing, Professionalism, Respect for Diversity, Self-Management, Technological Awareness, Working in Teams
* Not yet registered in the UNV Talent Pool?
First register your profile at UNV Talent Pool website.
Important: After creating your account, complete all sections of your profile and submit it. Then go to ‘My Page’ at your profile page
and click on the ‘Special Calls’ hyperlink. Lastly, select the special call to which you would like to apply.
* Already registered in the UNV Talent Pool?
First update your profile at UNV Talent Pool website.
Then go to ‘My Page’ at your profile page
and click on the ‘Special Calls’ hyperlink to select the special call to which you would like to apply.
This is a national UN Volunteer assignment, therefore only Turkish nationals and legal residents with a residency permit, the status of refugee or with the status of being stateless are eligible to apply.
- To help us track our recruitment effort, please indicate in your cover/motivation letter where (interlanguage.club) you saw this job posting.