The Networks and Communication Technologies (NETCOM) research group of the University Carlos III of Madrid offers fully funded PhD positions in the following research topics:
- PhD position in Software-Defined Networking and Network Functions Virtualization.
- PhD position in Micro Aerial Vehicle (MAV) and virtualization platforms.
Our PhD Student positions offer young, aspiring researchers a salaried position in our research team. Candidates offered a position as NETCOM PhD Students will have been pre-vetted and conditionally accepted for a place on the Ph.D. program at the University Carlos III of Madrid (UC3M).
Graduates applying for this position should have the following attributes:
- B.Sc., M.Sc. or equivalent in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, Computer Engineering, Telecommunications, Telematics or a related field (concluded by the time you join)
- Excellent academic transcripts
- Clearly defined Statement of Purpose for Ph.D. research thesis
- Excellent level of spoken and written English
- AND Spanish
- Highly motivated
- Students who obtained their degree (B.Sc., M.Sc. or equivalent) in a higher education system NOT subject to the Bologna Process are strongly advised to provide their GRE scores on the online application form.
**An offer of a PhD Student position implies your acceptance to the UC3M Ph.D. program.
Successful candidates will enjoy the following benefits:
CALL FOR APPLICATIONS NOW OPEN
- Freedom to focus on your research work, with full administrative support
- Collaboration with leading experts on international research projects
- Supervision throughout your Ph.D. by one of our world-renowned and award-winning researchers (see Research team).
- Use of state-of-the-art resources and facilities
- Collaborative, multi-cultural and English-speaking environment
- Participation at international conferences and project meetings
- Assistance with all aspects of immigration and relocation (including support with your VISA application)
- Support to take innovations to market
- Salaried position for up to 5 years
- Access to comprehensive healthcare
- More information about the University Carlos III of Madrid Ph.D. program. See information in Spanish here: Doctorado en Ingeniería Telemática
How to apply
If you are interested in applying for this unique Ph.D. opportunity please follow these instructions:
- Download the Funded PhD Student Application Form and review the data required to complete it.
- Complete the Application Form and attach your CV before sending your application to us, ensuring that you have included the following:
- Completed Funded PhD Student Application Form (please use the filename: APPFORM_YOURNAME.pdf)
- Curriculum Vitae (please use the filename: CV_YOURNAME.pdf)
Send the documents to applications.netcomadm.it.uc3m.es
(Candidates would be well advised to submit their applications for evaluation at the earliest opportunity)
Statement of Purpose Guidelines
In your Statement of Purpose please describe your background, what has influenced your career path so far and your professional interests. Explain broadly what you want to research. This is an essential part of the application. More significantly, it is an opportunity to ask yourself important questions regarding your commitment to such a demanding challenge (2200 characters maximum).
Other documents we will require
If you are successful in your initial application we will require official translations of your academic transcripts to be provided at a later date, if they are not already in English
. We may also require an English
and/or Spanish language proficiency certificate.