SPLASH 23 | The Best of Watercolor
$2,000 first prize, $1,000 second prize.
: $45 for first entry ($40 for additional entries)
Open to artists in the United States and Canada.
June 14, 2021
For the Splash 23 contest, Artists Network is looking for original watercolor paintings. Each entry must be rendered predominantly with watercolor; however, some minor use of other mediums may be acceptable. Top winners and a selection of other winners will appear in a special edition of Watercolor Artist magazine.
Who can enter
The Contest is open to legal residents of the United States and residents of Canada, who are at least eighteen (18) years old and of the age of majority in their jurisdiction of residence. Employees of Sponsor, its parents, subsidiaries, affiliates, and divisions, their immediate families (parent, child, sibling, spouse), and persons living in the same households of such individuals (whether related or not) are not eligible to participate in the Contest.
How to enter
Enter as often as you like. Entries must be submitted as JPG digital files online during the Entry Period. Files under 5MB are more likely to upload properly. Entrants should be prepared to send a hi-resolution print-quality replacement file should their entry be selected as a Winner; detailed requirements will be provided at that time.
Judging and Notification
There will be a total of thirteen (13) Winners: one First Place Winner, one Second Place Winner, one Third Place Winner, and ten Honorable Mentions. Limit one (1) prize per entrant. All eligible entries will be judged in two rounds using the following criteria:
- Artistic technique
- Handling of medium
- Design and creative elements
- Overall impression/impact
- The First Place Winner will receive a $2,000 cash award
- The Second Place Winner will receive a $1,000 cash award
- The Third Place Winner will receive a $500 cash award
- Honorable Mentions will each receive a one-year subscription to Artists Network TV (ARV (199.99)
- Winning entries will be published on ArtistsNetwork.com and in a special newsstand edition of Watercolor Artist magazine