Posting Country: Turkey
Date Posted: 21-Apr-2021
Full Time / Part Time: Full Time
Contract Type: Permanent
At Vodafone, we’re working hard to build a better future. A more connected, inclusive and sustainable world. As a dynamic global community, it's our human spirit, together with technology, that empowers us to achieve this.
We challenge and innovate in order to connect people, businesses, and communities across the world. Delighting our customers and earning their loyalty drive us, and we experiment, learn fast and get it done, together.
With us, you can be truly be yourself and belong, share inspiration, embrace new opportunities, thrive, and make a real difference.
Join our journey as we connect for a better future. Ready?
We are looking for a Government Relations Executive (Ankara)
Our purpose at Vodafone is to connect for a better future. As a Global Communications Technology
company, we put the customer at the heart of everything we do. We are forever challenging, pushing boundaries and discovering innovative ways to connect our customers with their digital societies.
We connect people, businesses, and communities across the globe to create the future. We earn customer loyalty, experiment, learn fast and get it done, together. As you can imagine, this means that we have a vibrant and diverse mix of skills and people making Vodafone a great place to work.
The purpose of the role is to undertake the bridging function between Government and VF directly and/or by coordinating high level engagement activities. The position holder will be responsible for developing and maintaining successful relationships with government bodies and other external stakeholders to ensure VF’s ongoing success and reputation; together with contributing to VF’s government affairs strategies and activities that advance VF’s interests
Your Place in the team
• Perform Government stakeholder analysis, develop and maintain close and sustainable relationship with Government contacts and schedule meetings with relevant Government stakeholders
• Develop government affairs action plans to facilitate VF business operations and identify government-related business opportunities
• Monitor and analyse legislation and regulations regarding sectoral issues, report insight on those issues gathered through effective engagement with key government stakeholders
• Monitor and analyse Government policy and initiatives, report the analysis including impact on the business
• Support VF Businesses to secure/improve cooperative projects with Government by leveraging expertise with government institutions and government decision-making procedures
• Coordinate events and high-level meeting arrangements with external stakeholders, identify potential risks and advocate for the interests of VF
• Perform research, materials preparation, talking points and presentations for meetings
• Collaborate cross-functionally with VF business units and provide support for other relevant issues
We are looking for you if you have
• Minimum Bachelor’s Degree in Economics, Business Administration, Political Science, International Relations, Public Administration and Public Relations. Masters degree is a plus
• Professional experience in government relations
• Knowledge on legislative and public affairs principles and practices
• Strong communication skills with the ability to express ideas and concepts clearly and persuasively with all levels of government
• A good level of diplomacy, protocol and networking skills
• High level of end-to-end project management skills
• Ability to analyse, interpret and report findings and make recommendations
• Willingness to take on a wide variety of tasks and work in a fast-paced, deadline-oriented environment
• Critical and strategic thinking; with attention to detail and strong follow-through
• Advanced English
communication skills (verbal and written)
• Effective leadership skills, analytical ability and learning agility
• Capability to act proactively, solve complex issues creatively and identify measurable outcomes
Get to know us
If you want to know more about us and what we do, then visit our website: www.vodafone.com.tr
Diversity and Inclusion
At Vodafone, we embrace and welcome everyone. We believe that we can operate more successfully and effectively with diverse teams. And we can only leverage this diversity by building an inclusive culture where everyone is respected, can be themselves and strive to be their best. That way we can create a better future for our employees, our partners, the communities we work in and our customers.
Vodafone is committed to attracting, developing and retaining the very best people by offering a motivating and inclusive workplace in which talent is truly recognised and rewarded. We are committed to promoting Inclusion for All with the belief that diversity plays an important role in the success of our business. We actively encourage everyone to consider becoming a part of our journey.