Hiring Agency:Consulate General Istanbul
Position Title:Chauffeur (Administrative Clerk/Chauffeur)
Series/Grade:LE - 1015 4
Work Schedule: Full-time - 40-hour workweek
Vacancy in Istanbul, TU
Telework Eligible: No
• Open to the public
Who May Apply/Clarification From the Agency:
For USEFM - FP is AA. Actual FP salary determined by Washington D.C.
• All Interested Applicants / All Sources
Security Clearance Required:
Public Trust - Background Investigation
Appointment Type Details:
• Indefinite subject to successful completion of probationary period
We encourage you to read and understand the Eight (8) Qualities of Overseas Employees before you apply.
The work schedule for this position is:
- Full Time (40 hours per week)
Candidate must be able to begin working within a reasonable period of time (4-6 weeks) of receipt of agency authorization and/or clearances/certifications or their candidacy may end.
Relocation Expenses Reimbursed: No
Travel Required:Occasional Travel
Occasional intercity travel as required by the job.
Under supervision of the Fleet Manager, the incumbent operates motor vehicles to transport both passengers and cargo of the U.S. Consulate and its affiliated agencies. The incumbent also provides administrative support for various vehicle data, as well as a dispatcher/supervisor back up.
Qualifications and Evaluations
EXPERIENCE: Minimum two (2) years of administrative/clerical work experience and two (2) years of prior chauffeur experience are required.
JOB KNOWLEDGE: Knowledge of traffic rules and safety procedures.
- Completion of high school is required.
(Good Working Knowledge) Reading/Writing/Speaking and Turkish (Fluent) Reading/Writing/Speaking are required. This may be tested.
SKILLS AND ABILITIES (This may be tested): Must have valid driver’s license and should have basic knowledge of automotive mechanical systems. Ability to operate various types of vehicle. Skill in the operation or standard and automatic transmission automobiles. Knowledge of general clerical/administrative office procedures, records maintenance and reporting, and ability to use Microsoft Office Suite.
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY (EEO):
The U.S. Mission provides equal opportunity and fair and equitable treatment in employment to all people without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, political affiliation, marital status, or sexual orientation.
All applicants under consideration will be required to pass medical and security certifications.
Benefits and Other Info
Locally Employed Staff, including Members of Household (MOHs), and Third-Country Nationals (TCNs), working at the U.S. Consulate General in Istanbul, Turkey may receive a compensation package that may include health, separation, and other benefits.
For EFMs, benefits should be discussed with the Human Resources Office.
The pay plan is assigned at the time of the conditional offer letter by the HR Office.
HIRING PREFERENCE SELECTION PROCESS: Applicants in the following hiring preference categories are extended a hiring preference in the order listed below. Therefore, it is essential that these applicants accurately describe their status on the application. Failure to do so may result in a determination that the applicant is not eligible for a hiring preference.
HIRING PREFERENCE ORDER:
AEFM / USEFM who is a preference-eligible U.S. Veteran*
AEFM / USEFM
FS on LWOP and CS with reemployment rights **
* IMPORTANT: Applicants who claim status as a preference-eligible U.S. Veteran must submit a copy of their most recent DD-214 (“Certificate of Release or Discharge from Active Duty”), equivalent documentation, or certification. A “certification” is any written document from the armed forces that certifies the service member is expected to be discharged or released from active duty service in the armed forces under honorable conditions within 120 days after the certification is submitted by the applicant. The certification letter should be on letterhead of the appropriate military branch of the service and contain (1) the military service dates including the expected discharge or release date; and (2) the character of service. Acceptable documentation must be submitted in order for the preference to be given.
** This level of preference applies to all Foreign Service employees on LWOP and CS with re-employment rights back to their agency or bureau.
For more information (i.e., what is an EFM, USEFM, AEFM, MOH, etc.?) and for additional employment considerations, please visit the following link.
How to Apply:
All candidates must be able to obtain and hold a Public Trust security clearance.
To apply for this position click the “Submit Application” button. For more information on how to apply visit the Mission internet site.
In order to qualify based on education, you MUST submit the requested diploma and / or transcripts as verification of educational requirement by the closing date of this announcement. If you fail to provide requested information, or the information you submit is insufficient to verify your eligibility, you will not be considered for this position.
- Copy of Orders/Assignment Notification (or equivalent) (if applicable)
- Residency and/or Work Permit (if applicable)
- Copy of National ID Card
- Copy of high school diploma
- Driver’s License
- Military Discharge Document (for male applicants)
- DD-214 - Member Copy 4, Letter from Veterans’ Affairs, or other supporting documentation (if applicable)
- SF-50 (if applicable)
Applicants who are invited to take a language or skills test, or who are selected for an interview will be contacted via email.
For further information - the complete position description listing all of the duties, responsibilities, required qualifications, etc. may be obtained by contacting the Human Resources Office.
Thank you for your application and your interest in working at the U.S. Consulate General in Istanbul, Turkey.