Until 31 October 2021
Minimum age: 25 years old. Nationals of the country of assignment are not eligible, except the assignments in Headquarters duty stations.
Description of task
Under the direct supervision of Deputy Representative, the international UN Volunteer will undertake the following tasks:
- Ensure that internal and external donor reports are produced with high quality and in a timely manner;
- Track reports due for donors and develop a coherent system for centralizing, recording and monitoring the Country Office's commitment so specific terms and conditions of funding;
- Prepare a process to track the completion and transmission of donor reports;
- Develop practical ways to assist Programme Officers with a clear, high quality standard for writing English-language donor reports (e.g., by developing templates that incorporate simplification and harmonization of reporting with other UN agencies);
- Assist in the development, consolidation, drafting and editing of English-language quality reports and papers, for example: the Annual Report, the Mid Term Review Summary, Country Programme Documentation, etc.;
- Provide support to conceptualize and draft outlines for project proposals;
- With substantive inputs from Programme Officers and field staff, finalize and format English language project proposals;
- Liaise with PFO, GRO, RO and National Committees in identifying prospective donors and ensuring that project proposals are drafted in compliance with criteria set out by donors;
- Ensure the completion and correct transmission of project proposals to required addressees;
- Ensure timely reporting on COVID19-related commitments with newly-engaged donors, notably USAID, Canada, Japan, etc.;
- Monitor, in collaboration with budget team, the effective expenditure of COVID19-related funds in compliance with funding proposals.
- Develop and maintain deep knowledge and familiarity with current and prospective partners and relevant stakeholders, contributing to a database of key contacts and to UNICEF’s base of knowledge on partnership and resource mobilization;
- Support the office in expanding UNICEF’s network of key interlocutors to build stronger relationships between UNICEF and governments, other key-decision makers, regional development institutions, foundations, the private sector, international financial institutions and/or relevant constituencies;
- Review and regularly update annual partnership engagement and resource mobilization plans, and assist the office for their implementation;
- Support the office in identifying COVID19-related funding opportunities as well as strategic partnerships;
- Support the country office in the identification and pursuit of opportunities for outreach, engagement, policy influence and collaboration, including on how to anticipate and respond to partners’ concerns and priorities;
- Contribute to the development of new partnership and resource mobilization practices and approaches by formulating recommendations for action based on on-going monitoring, analyzing current trends within designated partners and formulating recommendations for strategy approaches and message development;
- Contribute to strategies for engagement and the development of communications products to enhance UNICEF’s visibility and influence with existing and prospective partners and key stakeholders by providing analysis of the current environment and trends and formulating recommendations for strategy approaches and message development.
Required degree level: Master degree or equivalent
Education - Additional Comments:
Required experience: 24 Months
- A Masters degree is required in international development, public affairs, international relations, political science or other related fields.
- A minimum of two years of progressively responsible professional experience is required in a field related to communications, external relations, liaison and/or any resource-mobilization related activities, preferably in an international organization.
- Advanced ability to express clearly and concisely ideas and concepts in written form; specific skills in report writing and editing.
- Fluency in French and English is required. Knowledge of another UN language considered as an asset
Area of expertise:
- English(Mandatory), Level - Fluent
- French(Mandatory), Level - Fluent
Public information and reporting, Resource mobilization, partnership and donor coordination
Accountability, Adaptability and Flexibility, Building Trust, Client Orientation, Commitment and Motivation, Commitment to Continuous Learning, Communication, Ethics and Values, Integrity, Knowledge Sharing, Managing Performance, Planning and Organizing, Professionalism, Respect for Diversity, SelfManagement, Vision, Working in Teams