Minimum age: 25 years old. Nationals of the country of assignment are not eligible, except the assignments in Headquarters duty stations.
Description of task
Within the delegated authority and under the supervision of UNDP or his/her designated mandated representative(s), the UN Volunteer International specialist will:
- Develop and manage assigned programmes/projects; guide the implementation of projects and ensure the realization of the main objectives and results; review relevant documents and reports, identify problems and issues to be addressed and recommend corrective actions, liaise with relevant parties, identify and track follow-up actions;
- Manage human resources and capacity building efforts; set and manage team initiatives and projects identifying team goals and evaluating progress;
- Support effective multi-stakeholder engagement; lead and advise on the stakeholder analysis and consultations; forge new and developing strategic alliances;
- Develop a sustainable fundraising strategy identifying fundraising leads and advising on the pitch deck, executive summary and communications with investors; mobilize resource, partnership and donor coordination;
- Support the organization and management of events; set event objectives, explore the options available, prepare and manage the agenda, work plans and budget; supervise the event including external speakers and facilitators.
Required degree level: Master degree or equivalent
Education - Additional Comments:
Required experience: 48 Months
- Advanced higher degree (Master’s or equivalent) in a relevant area, eg. International Economics, International Relations, Political Sciences or equivalent in combination with relevant training and/or professional experience is required.
- At least 4 years of professional work experience at the international level is required, working experience in Africa is an asset;
- Experience in event organization and design; and Experience working in partnerships engagement and fundraising are required;
- Working experience in UNDP or other international development organization as well as in the business management consultancy field is an asset;
- Excellent interpersonal skills; culturally and socially sensitive; ability to work collaboratively with a range of partners, including youth organizations, private sector, and authorities at different levels;
- Demonstrated interest and/or experience in Food innovation challenges and dynamics and agriculture opportunities in Africa;
- Ability to work and adapt professionally and effectively in a challenging environment;
- Ability to work in a multicultural team;
- Self-motivated, ability to work with minimum supervision and to work with tight deadlines;
- Excellent oral and written skills in English, French and working knowledge of Italian are required.
- Working knowledge of another UN language or African language is an advantage.
- English(Mandatory), Level - Fluent
- French(Mandatory), Level - Fluent
- Italian(Mandatory), Level - Working Knowledge
Area of expertise: Resource mobilization, partnership and donor coordination
Driving license: No