ACADEMIC PERSONNEL/FACULTY OF ARTS AND SCIENCES
The Department of English
Language and Literature at TED University (Ankara, Turkey) is pleased to invite applications for a full-time Assistant Professor, preferably with a specialisation in drama and/or poetry. The position is a full-time, renewable contract appointment and will begin in September 2021.
TED University (TEDU) was founded in 2012 by the Turkish Education Association (TED), which has been pioneering the development of education in Turkey since 1928. TED University is a progressive academic institution offering an integrated approach to higher education and a high quality student-focused educational experience. Through academically rigorous coursework, dynamic teaching, meaningful research and a myriad of opportunities for students to engage locally and abroad, we seek to build a diverse community of social, responsible, globally minded, lifelong learners.
Duties and Responsibilities
Assistant professors teach three classes per semester (nine class hours in total), which constitutes 60% of their workload. The remaining 40% is divided, as listed below, among scholarly activities and service to the University.
- Developing, teaching and coordinating a full range of undergraduate English literature courses, particularly poetry and drama (please see our four-year program for details: https://www.tedu.edu.tr/en/program/ell)
- Conducting research and presenting the results in the form of publications, conference presentations and other means – to academic, professional/societal partners and wider audiences
- Playing an active role in recruiting students by contributing to open days, orientation, advising, and office hours
- Participating in the development and implementation of educational innovations
- Supervising BA theses
- Native speaker of English
- PhD in the related field (English Literature, American Literature, Comparative Literature)
- Relevant teaching experience (min. one year) at a university recognised by the Council of Higher Education of the Turkish Republic, OR a publication record with at least five articles in indexed peer-reviewed journals published in the last five years, OR a published book
- Interest or experience in using advanced instructional technologies to improve the teaching/learning process
Please be sure to submit documents as required for this position to receive full consideration for a faculty appointment at TED University.
- Cover letter detailing your relevant experience
- Curriculum vitae with a complete list of publications
- Contact details for two references