Are you aiming to work for an organization where it is worthwhile investing your personality, your skills and your time? Are you looking for a job that is exciting and has clear goals? Welcome to Welthungerhilfe!
If you want to become part of our global mission to end hunger in Turkey, Syria and Lebanon, we look forward to receiving your application as:
Social Worker (GZT)* IN GAZİANTEP
The main aim of this project is continuing the urgent support for vulnerable Syrian refugees, host communities and other non-Syrian refuges according to UNHCR”s one-refugee approach with self-implementation in the provinces of Gaziantep and Hatay and other parts of the region through referral services with UN organisations, other (I)NGOs and local authorities.
The planned activities revolve around the provision of an integrated and multi-sectoral protection support with case management and special needs funds (SNF) as the main part and reinforced by further services such as nutrition counselling, emergency shelter repair and legal aid. In addition, CVA-based COVID-19 related and winterization support, complementary to the Emergency Social Safety Net (ESSN), would continue. Exacerbated by the COVID-19 pandemic and its impact on both refugee and host communities, the need to provide multi-layered, multi-sectoral support to service providers have increased immensely. This project will be self-implemented by WHH through the existing capacities in its Gaziantep and Hatay offices based on existing projectswhich will be merged in the new project. Strong coordination relationships with governmental organizations and local authorities exist in both cities.
WHH receives funds from its donors for its projects. Whenever necessary funds are provided the duration of the announced post may be extended, ifenough fund cannot be found, the activities will stop completely or partially before the envisaged date and the employment contract shall be terminated.
The position is to be filled by May, 2021, with a contract duration until 31/12/2021. Employment location will be [[Gaziantep]], Turkey. The position is paid according to [[paygrade]].
Social Worker will report to Project Officer and provide technical supervision to the Case workers, under the technical supervision of Project Officer.
Reporting and Recording
- Responsible for providing support, advice, direction to case workers related to their cases
- Supervise case workers for the provision of quality, sustainable intervention planning and follow-up.
- Ensure proper completion and filing of all documentation (soft and hard copy, as required) by case workers and ensure on daily and weekly basis data related to beneficiaries and activities in the protection database
- Play role in collaboration and coordination with the Project Officer and Case Workers in the process of identification and planning sustainable intervention of cases in need.
- Check with case workers and project officer to ensure beneficiaries are referred and supported in a timely and appropriate manner, when needed.
- Make sure of accurately entering the correct data under the guidance of the relevant personnel for the correct reporting of the project
- Provide information related capacity building needs of case workers to project officer about specific topics such as protection, child protection, education, health or referral mechanism etc.
Coordination & Collaboration
- Submit monthly reports to Project Officer and report any problems in a timely manner.
- Provide regular and accurate data for reporting on project activities as required
- Report protection gaps/ or any other related humanitarian gaps and trends pro-actively
- Perform internal & external reporting tasks in coordination with Project Officer/Senior Project Officer and Head of Project,when needed
- Support to project officer in the exchange of experiences related to IPA/Case Management in teams
- Work in coordination with team members and other teams (legal counsellor, nutritionist, support department staff etc.)
- Work closely with other related colleagues to ensure additional needs are identified and followed up on.
- Support in preparation of assessments and post-service monitoring e.g. relating to the project's activities.
- Support to plan, coordinate and develop components of the programs based on beneficiaries needs.
- Contribute and suggest all protection project proposals relevant.
- Education: Bachelor’s degree of Social Service
- Working Experience:
- At least 2 years of working experience as Social worker or Team Leader in humanitarian aid.
- Preferably previous experience in supervising team
- Technical Experience
- Awareness of refugee context and referral mechanism in protection sector
- Experience with case management protocols
- Knowledge of protection and key protection concerns
- Good computer skills (Word, Excel, Power Point, Outlook)
- Language Skills:
- Fluency in Arabic, Turkish, spoken and good English knowledge.
- Personal Requirements
- Good team player, strong interpersonal skills and the ability to work within different cultural environments
- Ability to motivate and develop skills of others
- Follows a context-sensitive approach
- Decision-making skills and problem-solving ability
- Very good communication skills
- Confident and self-assured personality
- Good attention to detail
- No military service liability for male candidates by end of December 2021.
- Turkish nationality is a must.
We offer you the opportunity to work in a responsible and interesting field as part of an extremely dedicated team. Welthungerhilfe attaches great importance to the personal and professional development of its employees and the balance of their work and private life. Remuneration is based on our gender-independent salary scale. In addition, Welthungerhilfe offers numerous other benefits.
Please send your application via our online recruiting system by April 25, 2021.
WHH TURKEY JOB CANDIDATE PRIVACY NOTICE
This Privacy Notice was drafted by Deutsche Welthungerhilfe e.V. Turkey Representation Office (“WHH Turkey”)
as data controller in accordance with Article 10 of the Turkish Law No 6698 on the Protection of Personal Data (“Law”)
and the Communiqué on the Principles and Procedures in Conforming with the Obligation to Inform.
On the legal bases referred to in Article 5, “the processing activity is necessary for establishment, use or protection of a right” and “the processing is necessary for the conclusion or fulfilment of a contract”, WHH Turkey shall process your name-surname, e-mail address, mobile phone no, references and CV/résumé personal data for carrying out selection and placement processes for job candidates, and transfer them to third party suppliers through your applications to published WHH Turkey job ads via employment agencies or sending your CV/résumé to WHH Turkey directly by wholly or partly automatic means. Additionally, WHH Turkey is going to get in touch with your references assuming that all obligatory information is given, and consents are obtained by your side about sharing their personal data with WHH Turkey.
You may submit your requests to WHH Turkey under Article 11 of the Law concerning the rights of the data subject in accordance with the Communiqué on the Procedures and Principles of Application to a Data Controller.
*Welthungerhilfe values diversity and ensures an inclusive, non-discriminatory working environment. We welcome applications from suitably qualified people from all sections of the community.