Compliance & Ethics Manager - Turkey
PepsiCo is on the look-out for a Compliance & Ethics Manager Turkey to join our Europe Sector Compliance & Ethics team.
The Compliance & Ethics Manager Turkey role will have primary responsibility for many aspects of the Compliance & Ethics program for Turkey. The role will partner with the Compliance & Ethics Director and the Turkey Business Unit (BU) leadership team to maintain a strong Culture of Integrity and reduce PepsiCo’s legal and reputational risks. The Compliance and Ethics Manager Turkey will oversee a relatively large, complex Speak Up docket and ensure proper investigation and remediation of all issues, including being accountable for investigating routine cases but also providing assistance to the Compliance & Ethics Director in Potentially Significant Violation (PSV) investigations. S/he will also have primary responsibility for maintaining the Third Party Due Diligence program and will also provide training and support the Turkey BU Control Environment Council (CEC).
This role requires someone who is both proactive and able to work with a high degree of autonomy whilst juggling the day-to-day demands of Compliance issues and routine case matter management, as well as supporting PepsiCo’s Third Party Due Diligence Program and Compliance training programs.
As a member of the Compliance & Ethics team, you will be part of a team committed to helping promote, monitor and enforce our Code of Conduct.
- Management of Speak Up hotline process and routine case docket, including overseeing investigations and personally investigating significant routine matters, providing advice to investigators, reviewing all closing reports to ensure adequacy and thoroughness of investigations, and guaranteeing effective operation of the Speak Up program.
- Identification and reporting of all PSVs and partnering with Compliance & Ethics Director and Sector and/or Global Compliance & Ethics team on all PSV investigations.
- Maintaining the Third Party Due Diligence program in Turkey.
- Support the Compliance & Ethics Director in providing Speak Up trend analysis and otherwise identify compliance opportunities to discuss with the CEC; prepare all CEC supporting materials and presentations.
- Provide practical, effective anti-bribery and other Compliance training to guide BU leadership and employees in making day-to-day decisions that are consistent with the PepsiCo Way and the PepsiCo Global Code of Conduct, the law and all applicable PepsiCo and Sector / BU policies. Prepare all Compliance related training materials.
- Track and audit all investigation and enforcement decisions resulting from substantiated PSV violations of the Code of Conduct within the Turkey BU to ensure that recommended actions are implemented.
- Ensure training of Speak Up investigators.
- Work with the Global Compliance & Ethics team to develop standard global processes and to lift and shift best practices and implementing the same in Turkey.
- Support Sector Compliance & Ethics Officer and other Compliance & Ethics personnel in different projects, tasks and matters, as required.
- Attorney and/or prior compliance or control experience preferred
- Strong communication skills, including ability to present in front of groups and provide training
- Strong collaboration skills
- Ability to work independently and juggle multiple urgent priorities at the same time
- Highly analytical
- Creativity, balanced with strong organization skills
- Demonstrates a “can-do” attitude and willingness to be flexible and take on challenges
- Self-Starter, enthusiastic, proactive, flexible and able to adapt easily to changing situations; able to work without close direction
- Demonstrable experience of effectively working under pressure and to tight timelines
- Ability to influence senior leaders
- Excellent Microsoft application skills, particularly PowerPoint, Excel and Word
- Fluency in Turkish and English (written and spoken) is required