The International Organization for Migration is seeking qualified Turkish Nationals and non-Turkish nationals holding a valid residence permit for the following position based in Izmir, Turkey.
Vacancy Notice Number:
3 months Special Short Term Graded Contract (G4) -with possible extension
Number of People to be hired
Internal and External Candidates
Established in 1951, IOM is the leading inter-governmental organization in the field of migration and works closely with governmental, intergovernmental and non-governmental partners. IOM is dedicated to promoting humane and orderly migration for the benefit of all. It does so by providing services and advice to governments and migrants.
As a consequence of enhanced surveillance along borders with Turkey (Bulgaria-Turkey and Greece-Turkey) the main migration flows from Turkey towards the EU are now taking place via the Mediterranean Sea route. Since September 2015, IOM enhanced its presence in Izmir and nearby provinces and is providing humanitarian support for migrants and refugees rescued at sea including protection, NFI and food assistance. Under the overall supervision of Emergency coordinator and the direct supervision of the Head of Sub Office, the incumbent will be responsible for,
Major Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Provide assistance to project assistant for the preparation of periodic and ad-hoc reports, situation, thematic
and operational reports, minutes of meetings according to IOM formats as required, and update regularly.
2. Coordinate with IOM field assistants and social workers on periodic and ad-hoc reporting. Follow up on the
timely preparation of all reports
3. Create fact sheets which have migrants and refugee information regarding İzmir, Dikili, Çeşme, Küçükkuyu,
Ayvalık, Kuşadası and Sığacık.
4. Disseminate relevant information material in a timely and quality manner;
5. Support project assistant in developing appropriate tools to ensure that information from all locations is
available to the team.
6. Support Izmir office in all administrative jobs as required
7. Perform such other duties as may be assigned
IOM is committed to a diverse and inclusive environment. Internal and external candidates are eligible to apply to
this vacancy. For the purpose of the vacancy, internal candidates are considered as first-tier candidates.
Education and Experience:
• High school degree/certificate with minimum four years of relevant work experience or Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited institution with minimum two years of relevant work experience.
• Fluency in Turkish and English
The incumbent is expected to demonstrate the following values and competencies:
• Inclusion and respect for diversity:
Shows respect and sensitivity towards gender, culture, ethnicity, religion, sexual orientation, political
conviction and other differences.
• Encourages the inclusion of all team members and stakeholders while demonstrating the ability to work
constructively with people with different backgrounds and orientations.
• Promotes the benefits of diversity; values diverse points of view and demonstrate this in daily work and
• Challenges prejudice, biases and intolerance in the workplace.
• Integrity and transparency:
Upholds and promotes the Standards of Conduct and Unified Staff Regulations and Rules.
• Delivers on commitments; manages the organization’s resources reliably and sustainably.
• Embraces and encourages transparency, balancing this with the need for discretion and confidentiality as
• Maintains impartiality and takes prompt action in cases of unprofessional or unethical behaviour.
• Does not abuse one’s position and acts without consideration of personal gain. Is motivated by professional
rather than personal concerns.
Demonstrates professional competence and mastery of subject matter and willingness to improve knowledge
• Seeks to raise professional standards in self and others through daily work and activities.
• Adapts quickly to change and is decisive and versatile in face of uncertainty.
• Shows self-control and persistence when faced with difficult problems and remains calm in stressful
• Is conscientious and efficient in meeting commitments, observing deadlines and achieving results.
Core Competencies – behavioural indicators level 1
• Teamwork: Establishes strong relationships with colleagues and partners; relates well to people at all
• Is fully aware of the team purpose, respects and understands individual and collective responsibilities.
• Willingly puts in extra effort without being asked and adopts a "hands-on" approach whenever necessary to
achieve team objectives.
• Coordinates own work with that of the team to meet agreed priorities and deadlines.
• Delivering Results:
•Produces quality results and provides quality services to clients.
• Meets goals and timelines for delivery of products or services.
• Manages time and resources efficiently, monitoring progress and making adjustments as necessary.
• Shows understanding of own role and responsibilities in relation to expected results.
• Managing and sharing knowledge:
•Keeps abreast of new developments in own field of competence and creates opportunities for knowledge
• Shares knowledge and learning willingly, and proactively seeks to learn from the experiences of others.
• Puts new learning into practice and draws on diverse sources of ideas and inspiration.
• Contributes to the identification of improvements to work processes and assists in implementing them.
•Accepts personal responsibility for quality and timeliness of work.
• Takes ownership of all responsibilities within own role and honours commitments to others and to the
• Operates in compliance with organizational regulations and rules.
• Accepts and gives constructive criticism; acknowledges and corrects mistakes and apply lessons learned for
•Presents information using language and sequence of ideas that is easy for recipients to understand.
• Adapts communication to the recipient’s needs, asks questions to clarify, and exhibits interest in having twoway communication.
• Encourages others to share their views, using active listening to demonstrate openness and to build
understanding of different perspectives.
• Listens carefully and genuinely to the views and positions of others; acts on received information.
Any offer made to the candidate in relation to this vacancy notice is subject to funding confirmation.
Appointment will be subject to certification that the candidate is medically fit for appointment, accreditation, any
residency or visa requirements, and security clearances.
Only candidates residing in either the country of the duty station or from a location in a neighbouring country that
is within commuting distance of the duty station will be considered. In all cases, a prerequisite for taking up the
position is legal residency in the country of the duty station, or in the neighbouring country located within
commuting distance, and work permit, as applicable.
Please be advised that this is a local position and as such only applications from candidates with a valid
residence / working permit residing in Turkey will be considered.
How to Apply:
Interested candidates are requested to submit their application including the most recent CV with a cover letter in
with contact details (name, position, phone and e-mail details) of three references by indicating name
of the position applied with its VN number in the subject line of the by email.