The British Government is an inclusive and diversity-friendly employer. We value difference, promote equality and challenge discrimination, enhancing our organisational capability. We welcome and encourage applications from people of all backgrounds. We do not discriminate on the basis of disability, race, colour, ethnicity, gender, religion, sexual orientation, age, veteran status or other category protected by law. We promote family-friendly flexible working opportunities, where operational and security needs allow.
Foreign and Commonwealth Office (Operations and Corporate Services)
Corporate Services Support
Job Description (Roles and Responsibilities)
Due to COVID-19, you may experience some delay in the progress of this recruitment campaign and we are working hard to minimise any disruption.
The British Consulate General in Istanbul is part of a world-wide network representing British political, economic and consular interests overseas and is now looking to recruit a Corporate Services Assistant
to act as the front face of the British Consulate General, meeting and greeting all staff and visitors both in person and on the telephone.
Main responsibilities will include:
Essential qualifications, skills and experience
- Operate the Consulate General’s switchboard and transfer incoming calls to relevant sections;
- General Receptionist Duties – meet and greet visitors to the Consulate General, inform relevant sections of their arrival promptly; Sort official incoming and outgoing mail, handle courier requests;
- Manage, order and monitor stationary for all departments;
- Maintain First Aid boxes for all departments;
- Receive goods and services on P2P system database, forward invoices to relevant departments, assist setting up Purchase Orders;
- Process invoices according to FCO guidelines;
- Managing stationery stock, machinery and mobile phone inventories;
- Assist the Corporate Services Officer in ad-hoc duties;
- Act as the back-up accountant;
- Other ad hoc administrative duties as required by the Corporate Services Manager.
Desirable qualifications, skills and experience
- Fluency in English and Turkish (both oral and written);
- Effective communication and interpersonal skills;
- Efficiency in Microsoft Office applications;
- Good clerical and letter drafting skills both in Turkish and English;
- Ability to work under pressure and complete tasks to an agreed standard;
- Attentive to setting performance objectives and meeting deadlines;
- Ability to work as part of a team, and be a self-starter who will work with little supervision;
- Excellent timekeeping habits.
- Translation skills (English to Turkish and Turkish to English) will be an advantage;
- Previous office administration experience in an international environment.
Collaborating and Partnering, Delivering Value for Money, Managing a Quality Service, Delivering at Pace
Type of Position
Working hours per week
Europe, Eastern Europe & Central Asia
Type of Post
British Consulate General
Starting monthly salary (USD)
1 October 2020
Other benefits and conditions of employment
This is a permanent full-time position for 5 working days (36.25 hours net).
The monthly salary for this position is 1,095.59 USD gross A1 level. Please note that staff members are responsible for paying any income tax required by local law.
All applicants should have the right to live and work in Turkey. The British Consulate does not sponsor for work permits.
The successful candidate will be subject to professional background check, security clearance and a probation period of 2 months.
Staff recruited locally by the British Consulate General in Istanbul are subject to Terms and Conditions of Service according to local Turkish employment law.
British Diplomatic Missions are equal opportunities employers, dedicated to inclusivity, a diverse workforce and valuing difference. We are committed to developing a learning organisation that enhances business performance, maximises our staff’s potential and encourages staff innovation and development.
Please note that the deadline for applications is 23:55 on the day mentioned in the above field “Application deadline”.
We advise you to allow enough time to complete and submit your full application, since only applications completed and submitted before the deadline will be considered.
Please be aware that the deadline for submitting applications is considered to be the time zone for the country where the vacancy has arisen.
Please be advised that the British Consulate will not be able to meet the travel costs incurred when travelling to the interview, nor the costs connected with relocation if offered a job.
Additional Information (due to Covid 19):
- You may experience some delay in the progress of this recruitment campaign and we are working hard to minimise any disruption;
- Interviews will be done remotely if the existing situation determines this to be the right course of action;
- Starting date may be delayed depending on circumstances at the time and it will be agreed with the selected candidate.